– J1 Visa is sponsored only by the ECFMG and not by the program. Program has nothing to do with you obtaining a J1 visa, and all legal fees are paid by applicant.
– To be eligible for the J1 Visa, you must match and you must provide a statement of need from the Canadian Government (Health Canada)
– There is no pre-conditions for you to obtain a Statement of Need from Health Canada such as exams or return of service.
– Only condition of obtaining a J1 visa by the US Government is that you will need to return to your home country for 2 years prior to being able to apply for green card or any other visa.
– J1 Visa maximum length is 6 years
– You do NOT need to complete any exams such as MCCEE or MCQE1 to get Statement of Need. However, when returning to Canada to practice, you will need to complete MCCEE, MCQE1/2, and Specialty specific Boards exams.